Friday, July 15, 2011

So ready.

I have been talking to the members of my band since I got home, I am so incredibly pumped to get started and start gigging. I cannot wait to get a gig and rock the faces off of the crowd. I have a lot of really good ideas to take older tunes and rock them the hell out.
This last weekend definitely lit a fire to get my band rolling and get out there. I have been so passive the last couple years about making music and gigging. I'm sure part of it had to do with my weight gain and not feeling confident about myself in that aspect. The other part, I know was because I just didn't believe in myself anymore. After my weekend in Chicago, that has 100% changed. I definitely feel ready to take the world by storm and rock the world with my music.
I cannot wait until I can tell all of you when we have our first gig! Hopefully, we will be ready in a few weeks. Even if it's just a short show, I don't care. I just want to play!! I know that my bandmates are ready and excited to get out and jam too. When it's in your blood, it's in your blood and there isn't anything that can replace that feeling that you get on stage! :)
We are having our first practice on Monday and will talk about band names then, I'm sure. I hope we can all agree on something awesome. Not actually "Something Awesome" as a band name but it does kind of fit all of our personalities. Haha. It is a little too close to "Something Corporate" for me but we'll see what the boys have up their sleeves for ideas for band names.
I am just so excited! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I think Something Awesome is a great name! Or Jazzy Jeannie and the Awesome Bunch. Or Lindsey's Lady. Just saying. Drag me to the top with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete